Monday 31 December 2012

Should new acquaintance be forgot...

I'm away from my computer, but I wanted to drop by to say goodbye to 2012 and hello to 2013 before things get messy later on. Actually we're having a quiet one with family, but it feels like we're going out because the tots are being babysat and we're taking a bottle of champagne with us so that'll do me. It's not 1999 though. It's been a funny old year, 2012; a bit of a curate's egg, but one very positive thing I've taken from it is my blog. It's still a baby really, but I've enjoyed starting it up enormously, and it's been great fun finding blogs to follow and getting to 'know' a few other bloggers.

I don't usually do much in the way of resolutions, and I particularly dislike the 'I'm going to deny myself all manner of fun' kind of resolution. But I do like the idea of resolving to DO things that I've been wanting to do anyway, and I really love the fresh page of a new year, though I sort of wish that Jan 1st came in spring rather than midwinter; it would be nice to be able to leap out of bed on a bright spring morning to start your year wouldn't it, rather than dragging yourself out into the murk of a wet January day that seems to end about 5 minutes after it began. It's a bit scary making resolutions on a blog though - it becomes a much bigger promise if you're announcing it to the world. I really will have to see them through I suppose. <deep breath> Here we go then. In 2013 I resolve to:

1. Bake more bread;
2. Learn to knit. That's one I've tried before, but I've just been inspired by my sister-in-law (or she would be my sister-in-law if I was actually, y'know, married), and my sister-in-law's sister-in-law, who are demon knitters, and have convinced me that I really ought to try again;
3. Try and sort out the photographs on the blog so that they look a bit better;
4. Count to 10 more often.

That's it. I'm not going to over-commit myself in front of you all. How about you all? What are your plans for 2013?

See you on the other side for marmalade, Mrs Beeton, and Italian bread, and in the meantime I wish you all a very happy New Year and a peaceful and productive 2013.

Breakfast lady xx


No comments:

Post a Comment